CalChamber’s new and improved Learning Management System (LMS) for our harassment prevention training courses is ready to use.
Here are a few of the new features that will enhance the training experience for both administrators and learners:
- Simplified enrollment process
- Streamlined user experience requiring less clicks to take training and print certificates
- Enhanced self-service administrative features that allow you to extend due dates, add additional administrators and create automated scheduled reports
Compliance Alert: California law requires employers with five or more employees to provide sexual harassment prevention training to all employees. Mandatory training must take place within six months of hire or promotion and again every two years. This includes:
- California supervisors (two hours) and nonsupervisory employees (one hour), including California-based remote workers
- Newly hired or promoted employees (within six months)
- Seasonal and temp employees you hire directly to work for less than six months — within 30 calendar days after their hire date or within 100 hours worked, whichever occurs first.
- If you trained staff in 2019, they were due for refresher training by January 1, 2022.
- Harassment prevention training courses are intended for individual learners only. Taking California individual-learner courses in a group setting will not satisfy state requirements.
As a best practice, employers should also train out-of-state supervisors and employees who interact with California employees.
Important note regarding California’s training threshold of five or more employees: When counting employees to determine if you’re required to provide harassment prevention training, be sure to count staff located outside of California, part-time and temporary direct hires, independent contractors, as well as unpaid interns and volunteers.
CalChamber helps you recognize the fine lines of harassment in the workplace
No one in the workplace should be made to feel uncomfortable, afraid or unwelcomed by someone else. What was said, how it was said, or when or where it was said, doesn’t change a person’s experience.
Engaging Movie-Quality Videos and Expert Commentary
- Contemporary, real-life workplace situations include not-so-obvious harassing behaviors, such as a seemingly innocent hug or a comment on a person's gender identity.
- Movie-quality videos draw you in to each conversation as if you're in the same room.
- Compelling scenes get you thinking, rethinking and guessing how it all plays out.
- Videos wrap with commentary by California legal experts who assess each situation and offer key takeaways.
- Learners test their knowledge as they work through scenarios and interactive quizzes.
- Bystander intervention empowers employees to address inappropriate behavior before it becomes unlawful harassment.
"A vital step to maintaining a respectful work environment is providing effective harassment prevention training to your workforce."
MATTHEW ROBERTS, CALCHAMBER EMPLOYMENT LAW COUNSEL
More Than 1.2 Million Employees and Supervisors Trained by CalChamber
Online 24/7 harassment prevention training through CalChamber makes it convenient to effectively train employees and fulfill your compliance obligations. A qualified trainer since 2008, our courses exceed California’s legal requirements and include best practices that raise awareness about the subtleties of harassment, improve workplace culture and respect, and increase productivity and a sense of well-being.
Mandatory 1-Hour California Employee Course
Mandatory 2-Hour California Supervisor Course
Interactive Training with Certificate of Completion for Learners to Sign/Return
Downloadable Sample of Required Policy with Confirmation of Receipt for Employees to Sign/Return
Easy to Set Up and Manage
- Training in English or Spanish (learner decides)
- Option to start/stop training anytime (tracked progress)
- On/off button to listen to or just read each lesson
- Countdown timer to track timing requirements
- Upload and assign learners at the same time
- Learner self-registration and course enrollment
- Automatic course notifications
- One-click status report on course completions
- Full year from purchase date to assign and complete a course