Wage Order 5 - Public Housekeeping - MASTW05
Compliance Alert: This California Wage Order poster reflects increases to minimum wage and meal and lodging rates effective January 1, 2023. This requires an updated posting on that date.
California’s Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) regulates wages and hours of nonexempt employees — requiring all California employers to post at least 1 of the 17 Wage Orders in each workplace for employees to view — specific to the industry or occupation it covers.
CalChamber’s laminated 27.5” x 39.75” English poster and 27.5” x 39.75” Spanish poster each combines the multiple pages of Wage Order 5 into one convenient poster. These posters are recyclable.
Wage Order 5 regulates wages, hours and working conditions in the Public Housekeeping industry.
"Public housekeeping industry” means any industry, business or establishment that provides meals, housing or maintenance services whether operated as a primary business or when incidental to other operations in an establishment not covered by an industry order of the commission, and includes:
- Restaurants, night clubs, taverns, bars, cocktail lounges, lunch counters, cafeterias, boarding houses, clubs and all similar establishments where food in either solid or liquid form is prepared and served to be consumed on the premises
- Catering, banquet, box lunch services and similar establishments that prepare food for consumption on or off the premises
- Hotels, motels, apartment houses, rooming houses, camps, clubs, trailer parks, office or loft buildings and similar establishments offering rental of living, business or commercial quarters
- Hospitals, sanitariums, rest homes, child nurseries, child care institutions, homes for the aged and similar establishments offering board or lodging in addition to medical, surgical, nursing, convalescent, aged or child care services
- Private schools, colleges or universities and similar establishments that provide board or lodging in addition to educational facilities
- Establishments contracting for development, maintenance or cleaning of grounds, maintenance or cleaning of facilities and/or quarters of commercial units and living units
- Establishments providing veterinary or other animal care services
CalChamber's free Wage Order Wizard helps you determine which of the 17 Wage Orders you need to post (may be more than one) so you can comply with wage and hour laws in California.