Wage Order 4 - Professional Technical, Clerical, Mechanical and Similar Occupations - MASTW04
Compliance Alert: This California Wage Order poster reflects increases to minimum wage and meal and lodging rates effective January 1, 2023. This requires an updated posting on that date.
California’s Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) regulates wages and hours of nonexempt employees — requiring all California employers to post at least 1 of the 17 Wage Orders in each workplace for employees to view — specific to the industry or occupation it covers.
CalChamber’s laminated 27.5” x 39.75” English poster and 27.5” x 38” Spanish poster each combines the multiple pages of Wage Order 4 into one convenient poster. These posters are recyclable.
Wage Order 4 regulates wages, hours and working conditions in the Professional, Technical, Clerical, Mechanical and Similar Occupations.
“Professional, technical, clerical, mechanical and similar occupations” includes professional, semi-professional, managerial, supervisory, laboratory, research, technical, statisticians, clerical, office work and mechanical operations. These occupations include:
- Accountants, agents, appraisers, artists, attendants and audiovisual technicians
- Bookkeepers, bundlers and billposters
- Canvassers, carriers, cashiers, checkers, clerks, collectors, communications and sound technicians, compilers, copy holders, copy readers, copy writers and computer programmers or operators
- Demonstrators, display representatives, dispatchers, distributors, doorkeepers and drafters
- Elevator operators, estimators and editors
- Graphic arts and technicians, guards and guides
- Inspectors, installers, instructors, interviewers and investigators
- Librarians and laboratory employees
- Machine operators, mechanics, mailers, messengers, medical and dental technicians and technologists and models
- Packagers, photographers, porters and cleaners, proofreaders, process servers and printers
- Salespeople, sales agents, secretaries, sign erectors, sign painters, social workers, solicitors and stenographers
- Teachers, telephone, radio, telephone-telegraph and call-out operators
- Ticket agents
- Vehicle operators
- X-ray technicians and their assistants
- Other related occupations listed as professional, semi-professional, technical, clerical, technical and kindred occupations
CalChamber's free Wage Order Wizard helps you determine which of the 17 Wage Orders you need to post (may be more than one) so you can comply with wage and hour laws in California.